Friday, August 29, 2008

We Are Still Alive

Ok. My test worked, so I am now prepared to attempt a longer post. Things are going great! The kids and I had a successful trip. Jack was quite a handful in the Denver airport, but other than kicking the seat in front of him the entire time on the flights he did great. Hunter and Lizzie thought flying was "Soooooo cooooool!" They both had a blast. Their backpacks were too heavy, so of course I carried two backpacks, Jack's diaper bag, and carseat, all while pushing the stroller. Can you say "sweaty." In Denver we saw Vince Gill and Amy Grant. Amy (we are on a first name basis now) was standing in line to get on the plane for about an hour, and she just watched me wrestling Jack the whole time...every once in a while smiling at me. When I went to get on the flight, Vince and Amy were in the front row, and the stewardess said I might want to check Jack's carseat and just hold him. I said that I thought he would do WAY better strapped down, and Amy Grant laughed and winked at me. In Nashville, Jared of course took the liberty to talk to Vince Gill. It is kind of fun wondering what celebrity you might run into. I tease Jared all the time..."I saw Faith Hill at Wal-Mart!" etc.

Tennessee is so GREEN. If you look out on the hills and imagine you are on a tropical island it feels like you are. It is so pretty. Everyone is so friendly and we have great neighbors. In the first week we received a fresh apple pir, cookies, salad, a BBQ, and a huge bag of really nice hand-me-down clothes for Jack. These southerners really know how to make you feel welcome! There are about seven 8 year old boys on our street, so Hunter and Lizzie play with all of them every day. They are both loving school. Lizzie is in full day Kindergarten. She loves it. I miss her. She comes home really tired. Jack is my little buddy. He is talking a ton! Ever since we have been here he has turned into a little parrot. He repeats everything!

Lizzie is planning her birthday party for next weekend. We went to the party store and I told her she could pick whatever theme she wanted. She went with the pirate them and topped it off with an "ARRRRRR MAITY!!" So in honor of the 8 boys and 2 girls that will be at her party we went with the pirate theme. I will update then hopefully with photos.
Bye Y'all!

4 comments:

George and Caralee said...

Hey Rameys! Glad to hear you are getting settled. I would LOVE to meet Amy Grant. I LOVE her voice and have often thought it would be cool to do back up for her!!!
But we are so happy that things are going well for all of you. Tell Lizzy and Hunter I miss them in Primary!

Laura Smith said...

It was SO fun to visit with you on the phone...I'm SO glad that you are so happy in TN!! Yeah! on your attempt with blogging...keep at it because we love hearing about what you and your family are doing! We miss you TONS!!!!!

aubri said...

I'm glad your enjoying your new chapter in life. Good luck.....love aubri

Krissy said...

It is fun to hear how you are doing, sounds like all is well! We missed you at book club the other night. It is time to get a new president and we thought, man where is Kerri when you need her?!