Sunday, August 17, 2008

We Made It!

Hi Ya'all this is Jared. We made it and we finally have our internet up and running. We are having fun. We rented a house accross from a great elementary school. It was late the night that Kerri and the kids flew in. I think they were all excited until they saw the house. Lizzie was asleep with her mouth wide open facing the car roof. Jack was wide awake. Kerri was excited until she saw how dirty it was and realized that she was in Nashville. Hunter had a melt down. He was really tired but he was balling and saying that the house was small, ugly, stinks, and that the garage smells like hamsters. He He He. I told him this will be good mission prep. We have a lot of stories already but I will let Kerri catch you up.

As far as the music scene goes, I got to go to the famous Bluebird Cafe (where songwriters showcase their songs). It was awesome because I got to see the people that have written a lot of the hits that are on country radio today. It was fun talking to them and rubbing shoulders after. It is just this small little place you would miss if you didn't know what to look for. They have open mic nights once a week that I plan on going to regularly. There is a place here in Franklin TN where we live that has writer nights on Saturday nights. I asked them how I could showcase some songs there. They said no problem as long as I have a hit song that I have written or a grammy!!! No problem. He He He. This is a cool place! Our neighbors best friend is Ricky Skaggs (one of my childhood country heros). Kerri rode down on the plane from Denver with Vince Gill and Amy Grant. I talked to him in the airport but he didn't really seem to want to talk. He He He.

We will keep you posted. We miss ya'll. Love us. P.S. am I still the Elder's quorum president?

4 comments:

The Stones said...

Jared,
I have been meaning to call, but I keep thinking to call at the late hours of the night so I don't. Anyway, sounds like things are going good for you and you are living your dream. Meanwhile back in Boise the market has turned around over night and we are building like crazy. Not! So long story short, find me a house we are coming your way.=) Church seemed a little emptier without the Ramey's. We miss ya and wish you the best.
Stone

Laura Smith said...

Yes, you are still the long-distance EQ Pres. Wade, Barry and I are doing what we can to hold it together, but we miss your leadership. P.S. Shania Twain was at sacrament meeting on Sunday--I didn't get a chance to talk to her much but I think I heard something about being on a "talent search" tour. More later. Nathan

Mali Murphy said...

Hi Rockin Rameys,
Boy is the main drag quiet around here without you. Tell Hunter that he's still living in luxury compared to most of the world! We get more than a little spoiled here in the "hood". We're loving your blog so keep it up. Sounds like the dream is going well!. Miss ya all.
The Murphys

aubri said...

Good luck, enjoy and have fun! Keep in touch:)
aubs